MMMMM a nice peppermint hot chocolate on a cold winters day. Paired with a warm knitted sweater, ugg boots, a fur throw rug and movies on the couch. I know just how I’m going to spend my next cold winters Sunday.
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- 1 cup of hot water
- 4 tablespoons of cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons of chocolate buttons
- 1 teaspoon of peppermint liquid
- pinch of sea salt
- vanilla stevia drops for taste
- marshmallows (mint flavoured optional)
- Blend all ingredients other than the marshmallows in a blender until ingredients are thoroughly combined and hot cocoa is steaming when blender lid is removed (about 3 minutes).
- Add stevia to taste.
- If your blender doesn’t heat hot cocoa sufficiently, transfer to a saucepan and bring to a simmer over low heat.
- Simmer for 2-3 minutes, turn off heat and pour hot cocoa into two mugs.
- Top hot cocoa with marshmallows, if desired.
- Serve and enjoy! Serves 2.