Loaded with matcha goodness, this cheesecake is ideal for dessert lovers!
- 200g shortbread cookies
- 1 tsp matcha green tea powder
- 65g unsalted butter, melted
- 400g cream cheese, room temperature
- 80g granulated sugar
- 2 tsp matcha green tea powder
- 400ml whipping cream
- ¼ cup lemon juice (from about 1 lemon)
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp powdered gelatin
- 2 ½ tbsp cold water
- Extra matcha green tea powder, for dusting
- To make the base of the cheesecake, mix together the melted butter, crumbled biscuits and matcha green tea powder, then press them into the bottom of a spring-form pan. Refrigerate while you make the filling.
- To make the filling, place the cream cheese in a bowl. Beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Add the matcha green tea powder and sugar and combine. Add the whipping cream, lemon juice and vanilla extract and mix until smooth. Mix together the gelatin and water in a small bowl and microwave for 30 seconds. Add the gelatin to the filling, and mix together with an electric mixer until fully combined.
- Pour the filling into the cake pan and return to the fridge to chill until set (approx. 3 hours).
- Carefully remove the cake from the springform pan by running a sharp knife around the edges of the cake, then release the sides of the pan and carefully slide off the cake.
- Place some matcha green tea powder into a mesh sieve and dust over the entire surface.